Monday, April 14, 2008

All In.

I've been having a crisis of confidence (who doesn't these days). However, I received an e-mail on a list serve and it got me thinking positively. I keep going back and forth about trying for things in the states because I'm currently abroad and a) it sucks to lose at anything and b) I am like "well....I'd feel bad if so-and-so wanted this position and I took it from them." 

But I realized that I have the same right to apply as the next person. The final decisions are not up to me, but I should be confident that my qualifications allow others to accurately judge my abilities, and leave it at that.

I've come a long way from all the agony I had a year ago when I didn't even have the ability to form and voice a critical opinion because I wasn't sure if, because of who I am and where I come from, I was entitled to a voice. Sometimes I forget that though.

So I've decided, for better or for worse, to not just answer the call...but to go ALL IN.


No comments: