Thursday, March 5, 2009

What If

What if you were Muslim but wanted to join the US military? Or if there was a draft and you were Muslim and drafted in? How would you and your family feel? How would your commander feel? Your peers? How would they treat you?

I'm not really sure what sparked that particular train of thought.


I sometimes feel like shit for having the privilege to criticize our involvement in wars and the president (former and otherwise) and not really paying much attention to what is going on in all of those things when I know some of the people who are laying their lives on the line to protect us, our safety, our freedom of speech, and our ways of life. I take their efforts for granted some (most) of the time. And my soul wonders....what do they think of me?

No comments: