Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Greys Anatomy Moment

"Kiss me, love me, CHOOSE ME."

sigh.

I'd never say that in real life....that would require me to like...give up any pride that I have. And since I know the answer there's no point in that. If I thought there was any real chance then I just might. Maybe I have been forced to listen to too much Abba this break - "take a chance on me"?

Sigh.


Anyways...I made the honors list. Go me! BA Architecture w/honors! I just gotta make it through studio. New years resolution: attempt to approach studio with a positive attitude. Maybe it won't suck my soul away. Maybe I won't have to stay up for a million bajillion hours on end. Maybe I will have enough confidence to aim higher than just-above-the-bottom-of-the-heap or "average" even. It can't go horribly terribly wrong, right?

So yeah, yay me. I'm graduating this year! $100k education - now what am I going to do with it??? Suggestions I've gotten so far: Fulbright (too late), internship (do they give those out to college grads anymore?), architect job. Now I know why lawyers' kids want to be lawyers. It's easy to go into something with built in connections. Half my family doesn't even live in a city (have you ever heard of Lakeport or Newcastle?) so I'm SOL on the sweet hookups. 

This whole "life" thing seems a lot harder than school. Going off to college was easy - tons of people had done it and not suffered any major disaster. The same can not be said for entering the "professional" world.

No comments: