Thursday, December 11, 2008

Investment

I started writing a review of my culture show experience for my AAS 122 class and I began it by saying the following:

I have been involved in four NSU culture shows, each one with varying levels of involvement. This year, however, I was both more involved and less invested in the show. More involved because, as president of NSU, one of my main functions during the fall is to support our largest event of the year but helping out the culture show chairs. Less invested because this show began last spring when I was living in Europe. I had very little say in the overall direction of the show, and this being my last show, I haven’t got the opportunity to write a skit or chair the show next year.

And then I got to thinking....less invested? Are you kidding me?! My sundays, my Monday evenings, my Thursday nights, my 3 day weekends went into culture show. I gave up on relationships for this show. My grades are suffering. When we had smaller-than-usual attendance, I took it personally. While it was great to see all of my close friends and my parents at the show, I was unhappy that we didn't sell the auditorium out. 

So I'm no less invested, but something else was missing...hmm. I don't have time to dwell on that. But hey look at at this!! I kind of want one for Christmas. It'd be fun to put together...

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10185

No comments: