Saturday, August 25, 2007

Week in Nipomo

I came home to visit my parents in Nipomo on Sunday, and the whole time went by in a blur. Monday I took my sister to school for cheer or ASB or something and then went to Cowgirl Cafe w/my dad for breakfast. I stopped by my old place of work on Monday and found out that they were actually moving offices next week, so it's a good thing I found them before they moved! I was then extended an offer to come back to work for the week, so on Tuesday I started back up doing CAD work.

After my visit in Santa Maria I bought a North Face backpack (prepping for Italy started in December...one more thing to cross of the list) and hit up Sephora to get some facial cleanser stuff that they sell there. SLO is gettin all commercialized, apparently an Old Navy just opened. Everyone complains about the death of Downtown, but as someone who needed to buy some shit while she still had a car to use, I don't have many complaints about it. I really wish there was an AE nearby though; the jeans sale ended on Wednesday and I had $90 to spend there.

Tuesday night I had dinner at Roadhouse Grill with some friends from high school. My prime sirloin was horribly prepared and not worth the $13 I paid for it, but company with friends was good. We went back to my friend's place in Santa Maria, played movie SceneIt, and of course I didn't win, because one of the girls ALWAYS wins.....

Work generally sucked on Wednesday and Thursday, as I wasn't doing any CAD work. Transmittals and mailings are pretty danged boring, but it'll be nice to have a little bit of MONEY IN THE BANK! I worked on the AIAS website and did a few other things around the house, and all of the sudden it was Friday.

Friday I didn't go to work....took my sister to and from school, and then got a call from one of the people I was with on Tuesday; we were going to Cambria to the Tea Cozy for an English tea! It sounds really old lady-ish, but we had a bit of fun drinking tea and eating finger sandwiches and desserts. I'm not a huge fan of the desserts, but the sandwiches were nice and I loved my scone. Someone got the bangers and mash, and it wasn't half bad. The mushy peas were REALLY green though, I thought it was guacamole at first. We went to an antique store nearby (thats about all there was in Cambria) and I bought a spiffy thumb ring. We drove an hour and a half to get back to Nipomo, said goodbye, and that was that. Pretty tame around here since then, but the tea had caffiene and I'm not sleepy now!

Tomorrow I'm driving to San Jose and then spending the afternoon with my aunt and cousin; then I'll head to Berkeley. I'm not ready for school to start; I need a week in which I don't spend ANY money to do relaxing things...like sit on the beach and watch an entire sunset. My mom wanted me at home for dinner most nights, so I wasn't able to do that.

No "deep" revelations to report here. One of my friends is transferring to SFSU and it'll be nice to have SOMEONE around in SF that I know from home. My neighbor is starting at Cal but since she's three years younger than me we were never that close at home; I wonder if we'll become better friends or if we'll stay the same? College has done both of those things to me before.

Oh, the mom of one of the girls I played JA basketball with passed away on Thursday after a long battle with a disease that, if I am accurately informed, had no cure. I don't know what I'd do if my mom were dying, let alone died when I was twenty....

On a lighter note, I got a new laptop. I love the size, the battery life, and the fact that it doesn't run loudly. I can take it to Italy with me and I won't break my back, and it's got a webcam thingy incorporated so I can skype my friends in Japan and elsewhere. And it has four times the RAM as my HP did. However, most of the stuff I use doesn't have a VISTA compatible version yet, which is HELLA annoying. As is Vista in general. I guess I'll get used to it though..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey do'nt hate on vista.... hate on microsoft for trying to make something as cool as a Mac...hahahahah