Thursday, December 20, 2007

Moving Sucks, Part 1

I get to move twice within the span of one month - Berkeley to home, and home to Italy. Once I arrive in Italy, I will probably have to move twice. I do not like moving: anyone who knows me knows that I like to set up shop somewhere and leave it be for a good long while. Or at least a year, now that I've entered college. One of the reasons why I hate packing and moving is that it makes you re-evaluate your life - or, at least, all the material things in it.

Things I have learned today:
  • 5 books are worth $7. I'm pretty sure that the paper they are printed on cost more than that. It also gives the illusion that education and learning in general is cheap. I don't even want to know how much they are going to sell those books for >_<>
  • An empty, in contrast, book is worth $6. Does that make my thoughts worth negative money?
  • My fashion sense is worth nothing. I tried to sell a bunch of my clothes at Buffalo Exchange and the chick rejected my stuff because it was too "springish". aka not uber warm. But this is California guys...we don't really have seasons. I'm also baffled as to how the clerk is allowed to be an authority on fashion, because she had one of the ugliest haircuts that I have seen in my lifeee. On the up side..all of my stuff did get donated, saving me a trip to the Goodwill store that's all the way over on University.
  • Walgreens' 2.5" x 3.5" wallet prints are NOT that size. They are actually 2" x 3" (or 1/4 of a 4x6 print). And I had cut up my photos to put them in the frame before I measured them, so I can't do much about it now. Another $3 donated to Walgreens...
  • I have a Jamba Card that seems to refill itself magically...yay! Or maybe I just forget I have it most of the time. Unfortunately...I don't think Jamba is in Italy.
  • Avant-Card 30% off sales makes shopping there *affordable*! I also saw a book there that's been on my wishlist, but as I've spent way too much money this month I opted not to buy it...just like the Phantom Planet tshirt and EP this morning =(
Gah. All my interaction with society and supporting local commerce has put me in a really bad mood. I have too much crap and it's all worthless. But the worthless crap is the stuff I can bring with me, and the things that mean everything to me have to stay in California...sigh.

No comments: