Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Choice 1 of a Million

So I've decided that I am probably not going to date or otherwise get romtntically involved with Italian guys while I'm abroad. The advice I've gotten from people and my personal boundaries and beliefs tell me that it's not really what I want. Guys are way different than they are here, and the entire guy-girl dynamic is different. I'm going to have enough to get used to. On top of that, foreign girls like me are apparently supposed to be "easy", so all in all it seems like more trouble than it's worth.

I don't want to go on this trip with a closed mind or anything like that, but I think it's good to know what I will stand up for before I go. If I can pinpoint a few core values and beliefs then I am hoping that I can let myself experience everything else without regret.

Sigh. There seems to be a fine line between playing it safe/not being open to things and compromising yourself.

No comments: