Saturday, January 12, 2008

Packing List

Briefly, this is what I've packed so far:
clothes
towel
small but warm quilt
toiletries
stockpile of OTC medicines I may need
shoes
books
empty scrapbook
I wonder what I've forgotten? I haven't weighed my suitcases yet but they aren't completley full yet. If I didn't totally mistrust airlines I'd only bring a backpack as far as carry-ons go, but my mom thought it might be a good idea to bring a carry-on suitcase with things that I want on hand in case my luggage is delayed/lost - some clothes, etc. I don't wanna bring most of my OTC drugs though because I'll probably be under enough scrutiny w/my prescriptions.

I actually haven't taken packing very seriously - an hour here, an hour there. I can still function just fine w/o any of the things in the suitcases. I hope this doesn't mean I'm trying to throw crap in last-minute or that I find myself in Italy going "I don't have this, this, and that...and I really should have brought them." My biggest thing is being COLD...even in Berkeley I had 3 blankets, a quilt, and a comforter in my apartment!

The next thing I want to do is figure out how to transport mementos and whatnot because papers, posters, etc, don't travel so well in suitcases. Anyone have any suggestions?


PS - I think it's a no on the Vitamin Water. Too damn heavy. It's not like I'm going to Mexico or something.

No comments: