Monday, February 16, 2009

status updates

Facebook status updates are something that sometimes just reflect what I'm up to at the moment, but usually have an inflection of my tone/mood for the day. And sometimes I spend way too much time thinking about the statement that I'm sending with it: do I want to tell one person something, or do I want to tell everyone something, or do I want everyone to know I'm telling one person something? Do I want to provoke inquiries into my life, invite some pity, and throw out a feeler to see just who is paying attention to me?

In all reality nobody really cares what I'm doing but I fancy the idea of them caring so I have to craft it in a way that makes someone care, or at least makes me feel clever. And then there are the times where I get to a place where I can't talk to any of the people I want to say things to and spend a lot of time actively censoring myself.

Katiez...

...is sorry she is selfish.

...is disappointed with what she's done with this year and sorry she's let so many people down.

...is most disappointed that people don't even realize their unmet potential.

...fought her instinct to be motherly toward her friends and won.

...is ashamed that she chose to leave. But can't handle you.

...feels like she's living in parallel realities from one day to the next.

...wishes that there was something there.

...misses life one and two years ago.

...is engaged in several acts of self-preservation.

...needs a therapist now, not on the good and boring days.

...is scared because she's lacking that fire.

...is scared because there seem to be no big prospects for her life.

...also thinks its ridiculous that she feels that way when she should really be brimming with possibilities.

...just wants to scream at you.

...knows that she's frustrated because of differences in maturity levels.

...is anxious over all the stuff she's gonna have to do if she really did lose her phone.

...hopes you read this.

No comments: