Monday, September 8, 2008

Birthday Wishes

Besides world peace, politicians that I can at least agree with, a decently paying part-time job, and a new wardrobe, I've got two frivolous things I want for my birthday right now:

1) The entire Death Cab for Cutie discography
2) A good flat-iron.

I'm going through a major death cab phase right now (i've only just gotten back into the habit of trying to keep up on new American music since I've returned from Europe) due to having heard "I Will Posses Your Heart" a million times on the radio. THen I found out that Death Cab was responsible for the song at the end of last season's Gossip Girl finale, "The Ice Is Getting Thinner", when Dan and Serena are dancing their last dance "ever". I've liked death cab for a while but i just realized that I lost Transatlanticism when my HP crashed, and I never did acquire Plans. So, I want the discography, kthx.

I've decided to keep the long hair, but in order to do that I need to be able to do things with my hair. I don't like it when I just let it dry, but I don't like it curled either. The answer: flat iron it! My sister has an amazing flat iron that she got from her hair dresser, but I haven't ahd the time/money to get one yet.

There are a lot of other more useful or socially responsible things I want, and a lot more expensive things (down payment for a hybrid car?), but I think these two lie in the budget range that people might actually have =))

No comments: