Saturday, September 6, 2008

Domesticity

Today I cleaned up my room: there are no more boxes sitting out in it!

I also made my bed, read a little bit, ate cereal (lactose-free milk is a very new discovery for me), did 3 loads of laundry, and went to the grocery store. Yay me! I can do basic life tasks!!

And for all of Friday I was not angry or bitter or even really sad about life. I wasn't busy busy busy and I wasn't getting my soul crushed by poverty at home and abroad and I was really just having a dandy time listening to the radio and shopping for my sister's birthday present. Alas it is now Saturday and I no longer feel at peace with everything in the world.

This semester is not shaping up to what I wanted it to be.

I love my roommates and my friends and my classes and what I'm learning about and my community and NSU. Or that is what I keep telling myself. I mean...I'm pretty sure I do. But there is so much more to LIFE and to ME and I'm not left with any time for that. And that's really not what I imagined my senior year to be. There are 20,000+ undergraduates on campus. A lot of them are smart, funny, talented, amazing people. I probably only know about 5% of those people. Think of all the opportunities and potential friendships, acquantances, relationships, coming-togethers-of-diverse-viewpoints, discussions, argments, and memorable people I am missing out on. And tonight I realized that I am not going to get to meet most of those people, and that's really a shame, because college is a truly unique place and time in our lives. So yes, I do love all of those things I started off listing. But, I kind of hoped that this year I'd have the time/courage to expand on that.

No comments: